ResQ was founded with a mission to empower restaurant operators and service providers to build better managed businesses. As a first step towards this mission, we have built a marketplace platform that helps restaurants manage and control all their repair and maintenance operations, empowering them to focus on their guest experiences and unleash their full potential.
Repair and maintenance is the heartbeat of any restaurant's operations, yet the existing management methods are complex, expensive and time consuming. With ResQ, restaurants can simply get connected to qualified service providers, submit jobs, track progress and pay, all in one place.
We are trusted by world's leading restaurant brands and are venture backed by top tier global VCs - and we are just getting started. We believe magic happens when you bring highly effective people together to solve tough problems and achieve great outcomes. If you are looking for a talented mission-driven team that is continuously learning and iterating, and drawn to solve challenging problems with a people-first mindset, we'd like to meet you!
What you will do
As a Software Developer at ResQ, you will be contributing in the following areas:
- Architecture You are able to shape the large scale structure of the application. You have a good understanding of design patterns and are able to factor the codebase into logical components, facilitating separation of concerns, reuse, and testability.
- Scalability You are mindful of how design decisions can impact the performance of a web application. You can demonstrate an understanding of how web applications scale and make both language and infrastructure level decisions to ensure adequate performance.
- Product Delivery You believe a good product is more than just writing code. You are able to contribute to the full lifecycle of a product, from requirements to the operation of the system.
- Quality You understand that the success of a long term project start with simple, quality code. You have a desire to maintain a high-bar, not only for yourself, but also for your team around you. You will define a style and work with the team to ensure adherence.
- Mentoring You are a specialist in your discipline but you are not the only member on the team. You enjoy teaching others about what you learn in order to help them grow and to increase productivity of the team.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years delivering high quality software.
- 2+ years building cloud based SaaS applications.
- Strong software design skills and a knowledge of how to apply them to the front-end.
- Experience with web frameworks such as RoR, Django, .NET MVC, Express, etc.
- You take Extreme Ownership in everything you do - it's one of our core operating principles.
- You have a customer-first mindset as we are obsessed with customer experience and setting new standards for excellent service, which we have termed as the "Six-star experience".
- You are open to transparent feedback as we encourage open dialogue and provide candid feedback to help each other succeed.
- You are an ambitious top performer, you persevere through intense obstacles.
We have you covered
At ResQ, we don’t just have essential perks and benefits. We invest in the growth and success of our team. When we grow, our company grows.
- Teammates who are seeking personal growth, high performance and long-term success will be eligible to participate in our Personal Employee Growth Program.
- You will join a team of highly effective talented people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another.
- We foster autonomy so you have the freedom to create your own path, make an impact and succeed.
- Stock options
- Flexible healthcare benefits and an annual lifestyle allowance.
- Continuous learning through company-supported events, Speaker Series, Debate Nights.
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Walking distance from Union Station and the St. Lawrence Market.
- Dog-Friendly Office
Our Core Values
Persevere with passion
We are united by our mission and persevere to bring our vision to reality. We exhibit positivity and enthusiasm every day to achieve our goals. We are brave to challenge norms and knock down walls.
We serve people with empathy and humility. We work together as a team, celebrate our differences and act with integrity. We believe magic happens when people create their own path to success.
Create “six-star” experiences
We are obsessed with setting new standards for our customers beyond the five stars. Everything we do, we do for our customers.
Take extreme ownership
We are a team of owners. We sweat the details and own our outcomes, including wins and failures. We cast no blame and make no excuses.
We are courageous to foster open and free dialogue. We strive to be transparent and constructive with each other and expect the best from everyone.
Our team is built on diversity and our uniqueness is our strength. We value our entire team's backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We thrive to be the best team players we can be and have fun while doing it.
ResQ is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.