ResQ was founded with a mission to empower restaurant operators and service providers to build better managed businesses. As a first step towards this mission, we have built a marketplace platform that helps restaurants manage and control all their repair and maintenance operations, empowering them to focus on their guest experiences and unleash their full potential.
Repair and maintenance is the heartbeat of any restaurant's operations, yet the existing management methods are complex, expensive and time consuming. With ResQ, restaurants can simply get connected to qualified service providers, submit jobs, track progress and pay, all in one place.
We are trusted by world's leading restaurant brands and are venture backed by top tier global VCs - and we are just getting started. We believe magic happens when you bring highly effective people together to solve tough problems and achieve great outcomes. If you are looking for a talented mission-driven team that is continuously learning and iterating, and drawn to solve challenging problems with a people-first mindset, we'd like to meet you!
What you will do
We are looking for an Office Manager who will play a pivotal role in contributing to our high performance and collaborative culture and assist with the day-to-day management of our HQ in Downtown Toronto.
As an Office Manager at ResQ you will be contributing in the following areas:
- Office Management You will be responsible for running our office smoothly including ensuring our office is fully stocked up with supplies, managing meeting rooms and common spaces, greeting visitors and other office management tasks.
- New Employee Onboarding You will build out processes for onboarding new employees and work closely with hiring managers to ensure seamless onboarding.
- Events You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing monthly team events, team lunches, quarterly off-sites, and other events.
- General Projects You will lead or support general projects including town halls, board meetings, team meetings, team birthdays, and other projects as they come up.
- Assistance You will provide assistance with scheduling and managing travel, team expenses and other administrative tasks as needed.
- You have experience working in a people heavy office environment or operations
- You have a deep level of empathy towards people and are genuinely interested in understanding others' problems
- You are a problem solver and like to spend time getting to root causes and come up with solutions
- You have strong project coordination skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
- You take Extreme Ownership in everything you do - it's one of our core operating principles
- You are not shy or afraid to take on new challenges, in fact, you find yourself looking for them
- You are open to transparent feedback as we encourage open dialogue and provide candid feedback to help each other succeed
- You are an ambitious top performer with a "never give up" attitude
- Experience in a startup environment is considered an asset
We have you covered
At ResQ, we don’t just have essential perks and benefits. We invest in the growth and success of our team. When we grow, our company grows.
- Teammates who are seeking personal growth, high performance and long-term success will be eligible to participate in our Personal Employee Growth Program
- You will join a team of highly effective talented people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another
- We foster autonomy so you have the freedom to create your own path, make an impact and succeed
- Stock options
- Flexible healthcare benefits and an annual lifestyle allowance
- Continuous learning through company-supported events, Speaker Series, Debate Nights
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Walking distance from Union Station and the St. Lawrence Market
- Dog-Friendly Office
Our Core Values
Persevere with passion
We are united by our mission and persevere to bring our vision to reality. We exhibit positivity and enthusiasm every day to achieve our goals. We are brave to challenge norms and knock down walls.
We serve people with empathy and humility. We work together as a team, celebrate our differences and act with integrity. We believe magic happens when people create their own path to success.
Create “six-star” experiences
We are obsessed with setting new standards for our customers beyond the five stars. Everything we do, we do for our customers.
Take extreme ownership
We are a team of owners. We sweat the details and own our outcomes, including wins and failures. We cast no blame and make no excuses.
We are courageous to foster open and free dialogue. We strive to be transparent and constructive with each other and expect the best from everyone.
Our team is built on diversity and our uniqueness is our strength. We value our entire team's backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We thrive to be the best team players we can be and have fun while doing it.
ResQ is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.