Our core belief is that healthcare should be simple to use. We created Patch after personal experiences left us feeling completely helpless and frustrated by the difficult process to access the insurance benefits we were entitled to. We didn’t want others to feel that same pain and frustration.
Our mission is to deliver a frictionless and transparent experience for the purchase of healthcare services. Our product launched in the vision care market, and now that we’re helping thousands of eye care professionals, we’re beginning to expand our offering to the rest of the healthcare ecosystem.
We are based in Santa Monica, California with a global distributed team and are a fast moving, mission-driven startup dedicated to solving major problems with the healthcare system. Join us if you want to help make a difference.
- Develop core features that interface with clients at hospitals, clearinghouses, insurers, and other entities that will have a direct impact on doctors and consumers. This may include:
- Building connectivity into insurance companies
- Normalizing and interpreting complex and dirty data
- Automation of human intelligence tasks
- Developing automation for complex operational processes (i.e. insurance paperwork)
- Building internal and external features around our APIs
- Building optimization algorithms to predict reimbursements
- Create high quality and well documented code and help shape best practices for the team going forward
- Be immersed in an exciting startup culture, interface with clients, and share our vision in creating a better health care system for everyone
- A technical degree (computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or engineering), or equivalent work experience as a software engineer
- 4+ years experience in backend or full stack development building APIs
- Prior knowledge of Python preferred, but not required
- Excited to share opinions on best practices
- Clear communication and ability to own complex projects end-to-end, coordinating with other teams as necessary
- Curious, collaborative, and have a bias to action
- Experience and interest in working with a distributed team
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills
- Write high quality code that is self explanatory, tested, and meets objectives as described in functional specifications.
- Collaborate with other backend, frontend, QA, and devops engineers and participate in code reviews.
- Help analyze performance throughout the stack to optimize the user experience.
- Be a thought partner for backend team strategy
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager