You hear it all the time — our healthcare system is broken. The US spends more on health care than any other country in the developed world — yet our expenditures don’t translate into improved health outcomes. Patients are frustrated. Care providers are forced to spend countless hours dealing with complex insurance rules and payment processes — work that does nothing to improve patient care.
Our core belief is that getting healthcare should be simple. We created Patch because we had been screwed over by the system and felt completely helpless. We didn’t want others to have to feel that way anymore. Our mission now is to make using healthcare easier by simplifying the way people interact with their insurance and financial benefits. One day, we won't need to worry about what this “co-pay” is or what portion of a “deductible” is met, we’ll simply seek the best care we all deserve.
We are based in Los Angeles and we are a fast moving, mission-driven startup dedicating to solving major problems with healthcare finance. Want to help us make a difference?
This role is perfect for someone who is a self starter and a team player. Your work will have a meaningful tangible impact on the business and our healthcare provider clients. You'll work directly with our Customer Success team and be the face of Patch to our customers.
Our ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years of work experience in a customer service or client facing role, new grads are very welcome to apply
- An exceptional ability for client advocacy and empathy
- An optimist type, who can transform a frustrated client to a satisfied one
- A team player who contributes ideas to improve processes
- A good communicator with excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills – you can craft grammatically impeccable emails and are articulate on the phone
- An aptitude for learning new products and technologies
- Organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow up in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving skills, perseverance, and patience
- A strong work ethic
- Be the face of Patch once our clients are up and running
- Help clients get through critical moments with ease by taking a systematic approach to problem-solving and applying just a bit of detective work to solve any issue that comes your way
- Expertly address questions via chat, phone and email providing answers that are quick and easy to understand and with a friendly tone :)
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to help design and improve the follow-up process to ensure efficiency and track trends