You hear it all the time — our healthcare system is broken. The US spends more on health care than any other country in the world — but we’re no healthier for it! We thought, enough with this, let’s do something about it.
We believe healthcare should be simple and easy to use. We created Patch after a personal experience with the healthcare system left us feeling completely helpless and frustrated by the difficult process to access insurance benefits we had paid for and were entitled to. We didn’t want others to feel that same pain and frustration.
Our mission: make healthcare easier by simplifying the way people interact with their insurance and financial benefits. We are starting with vision insurance, but are about to expand to the rest of the healthcare ecosystem. We’re going to make insurance easy to use for everyone.
We are based in Santa Monica and we are a fast moving, mission-driven startup dedicating to solving major problems with healthcare finance. Want to help us make a difference?
We're the company that is taking the healthcare market by storm, radically improving the way people interact with and use their health insurance. You have the opportunity to play an intricate part in our growth engine. We are looking for a true relationship builder and sales sniper that's passionate about healthcare and making it better while having the skills to close deals. You'll work directly with the founders and the sales team to impact growth.
The Role: (cd version)
Patch provides a SaaS solution to small business providers. Our solution adds so much value to our customers, we believe it is our obligation to make sure they capture the benefits. As a SaaS solution, our business model depends on long term relationships. You will be the face of the company, working directly with the founders and the sales team, to build these relationships that drive the growth of the company.
Our sales process has proven to be simple and effective, with continuous process improvement, driven and owned by the Account Executives.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Confidence to pick up the phone and make sales calls. Success in this role is directly correlated to time spent on the phone talking to potential customers.
- 1-3 years experience closing deals e.g.: Account Executive or inside sales. We’re happy to talk to SDRs looking to make the jump to closers.
- Familiarity with modern sales tech stack: CRMs (we use Hubspot, but experience with others are fine), video conferencing for online demos, Asana, Slack, etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, curious, and interested in experimenting new techniques to improve our sales process. Our account executives have the freedom to test new techniques to improve the existing sales process.
- Superior listening skills. Even though we spend a majority of time on the phone, success in this role requires empathy and the ability to hear what customers have to say. Our reps spend over 50% of their time listening, rather than talking.
- Experience with SaaS sales a HUGE plus.
- Manage your own pipeline, which includes:
- Qualifying inbound leads from marketing
- Demonstrating value to sales qualified leads
- Overcoming objections which prevent our customers from capturing our benefits
- Closing Deals
- Close $50k+ new annual recurring revenue each month
- Work with our inbound marketing team to refine our message and customer profiles
- Providing feedback to technology team for new product features
- Be a strong team player and act as an owner of the business
- Love our customers. We exist to provide value to our customers.
What We Can Offer:
- Full Medical coverage, and Dental
- A generous equity plan
- A competitive Comp package
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Trust in you to do things right without micromanagement
- Ability to work directly with founders on a day to day basis
Patch is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.