We’re looking for a Front-end Engineer who’s passionate about developing our React-based web app in a fast growing startup where rapid experimentation, data and tech are king.
Objectiv is the decision making platform built specifically for Product Teams. We use sophisticated tech to provide ready-to-use answers that let our customers take their products to the next level, and you’ll be part of the few that build what they experience.
What’s the party about?
You’ll start out doing most of the below, and because we are still an early startup things are always in flux. Together we’ll figure out what your role will look like in a year from now, depending on our shared ambitions:
- Systematically and programmatically tackle complex data visualisation and user interface problems, using a very recent React based stack, making sure it’s technically sound and looks awesome.
- Deeply understand the problems you work on so you can be sure the solutions are lean and scalable across many deployments with minimal configuration and dependency count.
- Help refine the roadmap, both technical as well as for the product, implement and optimize as you go.
- Work closely with senior engineering, design and product teammates to ensure you get the data you need, the backend algorithms are made efficient for all your use cases, and everything operates as smoothly as possible for the user, while learning a ton from your peers.
What to bring?
We are looking for a front-end engineer who feels at home at the intersection between UI/UX, computer science, data and product. You understand the why and how of frameworks you choose, and you choose the right ones to address actual problems. You know when and how to compromise between getting things done quickly and taking the time to dive deeper and stretch today's browser capabilities to get what we need.
This role is a senior, important position in our team, therefore at least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience is required. If you have done something outstanding during your studies, like contributing to open source projects or starting your own company, we encourage you to apply as well. In any case, you have proof that you can / have / are:
- A degree in science, computer science, mathematics, interaction design or similar discipline.
- Self-driven, capable of tackling very loosely defined problems, but also able to work towards a well defined goal. You know how to make things fluid under pressure and you keep your eye on the ball. The occasional deadline gives you superpowers. You get shit done.
- Clearly and effectively communicate solutions or challenges in complex situations within your team. You are not afraid of speaking your mind and sharing your opinions with the rest of the team.
- Believe that hard problems require simple solutions. Sometimes a lot of them :)
You have no fear of...
- React, Flow, ES6, GraphQL in a highly containerized environment.
- Software engineering best practices such as code reviews, automated tests, CI/CD.
- Deep discussions on the tech stack, informing yourself or your peers.
- Experience on the back-end (we use python), including (relational) databases.
- Knowledge of data visualisation techniques
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and asynchronous data fetching.
- Working with Linux, including writing Bash scripts, maintaining CI, etc.
What we offer
No catered lunch, no barista, no fitness pass, but the opportunity of a lifetime to join a fast growing startup with experienced founders that have multiple data exits under their belt. We work with industry-leading companies in Finance & Media, and we’re backed by influential VCs from Berlin and London. We have a flashy office within walking distance of Utrecht Central Station.
You’ll be there early; you can help shape the company and the tech in its core. Data is not a department here, nor will it be in the future. Data is our heart, it’s in everything we do and it’s our competitive advantage.
We offer competitive compensation plus a highly attractive stock-option plan. But most of all, the possibility to make true impact with your data & personal skills for the long run as well as the chance to rebuild your role every year as the company grows.
Iterate quickly on the coolest front-end tech, grow & learn. And come take the guesswork out of product decisions with us.