Who We Are
At Notion, we believe that people are meant to enjoy all the small moments that give life meaning. By reinventing what the things in our lives are capable of, we’re pioneering a concept we call Home Awareness to give your home a voice. Notion’s innovative, multi-purpose sensor, coupled with thoughtful data and services, deliver peace of mind to empower anyone to live an easier, safer, better life.
Our team is made up of engineers, designers, marketers and business development experts. We're a motivated, passionate group of self-starters, excited to bring solutions to life that truly make a difference in people's lives! Want to know more? Check us out at getnotion.com.
What We Offer
Purposeful Work - Notion puts people first, whether it’s helping our customers protect what they love most, or recognizing the value and supporting the growth of our team members.
Innovation - By joining Notion, you have the opportunity to be a part of cutting-edge IoT technology that is changing the way people interact with their homes.
Own It - Not only do we offer competitive pay, but every Notion employee holds equity in the company.
Employee Perks - Benefits include unlimited PTO & paid holidays, a 401(k) plan, health/vision/dental/life insurance, parental leave, quarterly company outings, volunteer days, free team lunch every Monday, and a fridge stocked with snacks & drinks.
Notion is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
We’re looking for a passionate and friendly Customer Service Representative who takes pride in delivering an exceptional service experience to our customers. You love helping people, you are an excellent problem solver and you will use those skills to tackle both customer and technical challenges alike.
You will quickly learn everything about our product and how it works, and you’ll use that knowledge to offer top notch support for our users. As the greatest advocate for the customer, you will work closely with our engineering teams to answer difficult questions and squash any bugs in the system. Notion encompasses hardware, software and an app; being analytical across many different platforms and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude are key for success in this role.
Overall, our Support Team is the voice of the customer in the organization and makes sure each user is is being taken care of in a friendly, effective, and efficient manner.
- Maintain Notion’s friendly and helpful brand in all communication with customers across all channels (email, live chat, phone calls, social media, support site customer forum)
- Understand Notion inside and out. Be a product expert and clearly explain features and best-practices to non-technical customers and adapt as product features evolve and change
- Analyze data from online software tools to quickly and accurately identify customer issues and offer troubleshooting support
- Be able to determine when an issue is a bug in the system and partner with QA, project managers and developer teams to escalate the issue and cooperate on a resolution
- Maintain a high degree of satisfaction from the customer and be the first line of defense in customer retention
- Help inform and prioritize the product roadmap by regularly collecting and categorizing customer feedback
- Maintain Notion’s support site, help articles and FAQs to optimize the customer self-service experience
- Monitor the success of support processes and suggest and implement changes to increase the efficiency of the CS team
- Accurately tag customer tickets for consistent reporting
- Perform outbound calls and proactive outreach to customers as needed
- Assist with operational logistics in inventory management and shipping as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in end user customer service or account management, preferably in startup, tech or related companies
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely about technical products and issues to non-technical customers
- Experience using a CRM or ticketing platform to manage customer interactions. Experience with Zendesk a plus.
- Experience using online software tools to gather data and make decisions. Examples include Loggly, Papertrail, Typeform, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, Shopify, Amazon Seller Central, Shipstation
- An analytical mindset and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and very process driven
- A self-starter, with ability to effectively communicate and influence at the executive level, and work cross-functionally across internal teams
- Experience in ecommerce a plus
- Familiarity with The Internet Of Things industry a plus
This role is an hourly position and could potentially be required to work evenings and weekend hours.