Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless plug-and-play platform from which to offer product insurance. We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about e-commerce and building efficiencies through a customer-first outlook. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
Mulberry is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer to help build a modern platform transforming how insurance is priced and offered at the point of sale. As a Software Engineer at Mulberry, you will be working with a close-knit team with deep experience building financial products for e-commerce.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and maintain the APIs that power the Mulberry platform.
- Design well architected, loosely coupled modules and systems
- Improve engineering practices, documentation
- Work closely with Front-end team to define requirements/specifications
- Participate in scoping work, estimation and project planning
What We’re Seeking:
- Flask Microframework
- Relational database design, SQL, ORMs/SQLAlchemy
- Git workflow
- Unit / Integration testing
- Agile workflow
- 5+ years of experience working on software development teams
- Have devops experience (AWS, CloudFormation,EB, RDS, Cloudfront, Docker, k8s)
- Have a working knowledge of front end development
- Can write Selenium tests
You may be a great candidate if you:
- Are passionate about writing high quality code
- Enjoy refactoring and leaving code in a better place than when you found it
- Want to make a huge impact on a brand new, innovative platform
- Are an excellent communicator
- Take pride in ownership and driving projects to completion
- Are passionate about building products
- Are great at learning something new
- Function independently with minimal oversight but also on a team
- You want to work on a new codebase with a fresh stack
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- 1:1 ongoing training and career development with the Co-Founder, and all team members
- Full Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time off
- Gym on-site
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of outings!
- Unlimited snacks, pool table, and an awesome rooftop deck!