Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless plug-and-play platform from which to offer product insurance. Our backers have invested in companies such as Uber (IPO'd in 2019), Venmo (acquired by PayPal), Pill Pack (acquired by Amazon), Optimizely, and Kaggle (acquired by Alphabet/Google).We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about e-commerce and building efficiencies through a customer-first outlook. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
Mulberry has open internship positions on the Data Science and Analytics team covering various functions: data enrichment, price/placement optimization, competitive research, machine learning, and data engineering. Applicants from undergraduate and graduate programs are welcome to apply. Full- time and Part-time opportunities are available during the Summer.
What You’ll Do:
- Diligent and in-depth research to aid competitive price analyses.
- Design and maintenance of analytics dashboard.
- Proficiency in Excel and/or other spreadsheet software
What We’re Seeking:
- Excellent research & communication skills.
- Pride in ownership and driving projects to completion.
- Passion for cutting-edge ML/DL/NLP research and writing high quality code.
- Being able to function independently with minimal oversight but also effectively on a team.
A plus if you can help with (or have experience with):
- Production-ready text classification model design and maintenance.
- Production-ready image classification model design and maintenance.
- Web scraping and data mining.
- End-to-end data science and analytics infrastructure improvements.
- (Our data science stack) Python 3.6, Metabase, git (github), flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, scipy, keras, tensorflow, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, EB), COIN-OR CBC (or Gurobi), matplotlib, altair, scrapy, nltk, Spacy.
Benefits and Perks:
- 1:1 ongoing training and career development with the Co-Founder, and all team members
- Gym on-site
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of outings!
- Unlimited snacks, pool table, and an awesome rooftop deck!