Encompass Health is seeking an individual to assist with the implementation, administration and maintenance of a Cisco Unified Communications systems including but not limited to CUCM, CUC, voice routers, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), voice gateways, IP handsets, softphones, Jabber, etc. The ideal candidate would work well as part of a larger team while being self-motivated and results oriented.
The Systems Engineer II job classification is a subject matter expert position requiring some solution design and project implementation experience. Clear communications skills with users, management, and across functional teams are required along with the ability to architect and maintain solutions driven by organizational strategy and objectives.
The specific technical duties of this position are to assist with all aspects of unified communications infrastructure environments and lead various projects as needed. High technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required, and proficiency in most of the following areas is desired:
• Support third party integrated voice software such as Bridge Console, Provisioning Manager, Informacast, Etc
• Administer, maintain, and support all voice network hardware (routers, switches, IP handsets, gateways, etc.) to ensure optimum throughput, quality, and security.
• Perform Cisco Call Manager PBX functions as they relate to agents; Create\Assign agent extensions (registered phone or remote agent extensions, associate PG application user, enable Call Recording\Monitoring).
• Ensure that all data security standards and policies are followed; monitor usage to ensure security of data and access privileges; establish and maintain user accounts.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
• Analyze existing client voice/data networks and design solutions based on requirements.
• Actively engage with Engineering efforts for network and telephony related projects.
• Identify new offerings that arise from new technologies.
• Identify new offerings that arise from customer demand and needs.
• Maintain documentation of voice and network environments.
• Provide knowledge transfer to Team members and support staff.
• Work as a team to ensure customer requirements are gathered and projects are successfully
• Understanding of voice protocols such as SIP, H323, MGCP, SCCP.
• Experience with medium to large enterprise organizations with multiple remote locations.