Summary of Position: The Accounts Payable Specialist performs a variety of accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. This may include calculating, posting and verifying to obtain financial data for use in maintaining records.
Education: High School Diploma; BS in Accounting or Finance preferred
Experience: Two (2) years of experience in accounts payable preferred
Skills: Good organization and time management, Excellent Written and Verbal Skills, Good interpersonal and communication skills, good judgment, knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Office suite Requirements: Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and accounts payable experience. General knowledge of accounting- chart of accounts and basic debit/credit entry; understanding of AP match for receiving –PO-invoice
Physical: Frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel. Regularly required to talk or hear and see.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transaction.
2. Verifies and posts details of business transaction such as; funds received and disbursed, and total accounts.
3. Prepare and process vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and records.
4. Verify invoices received with receiving report and purchase order and enter for payment.
5. Compile verified vouchers for matched invoices and enter account distribution.
6. Enter vouchers into system and verify voucher.
7. Reconcile monthly vendor statements and monitor to ensure payments are in accordance with vendor terms.
8. File accounts payable invoices, receiving reports and purchase orders.
9. Process payments of accounts payable checks and mail to vendor.
10. Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date 1
1. Reconcile sub-ledger to General Ledger
12. Setup, pay and maintain lease agreements
13. Preparation of 1099 reporting
14. Provide support of audits internal and external
15. Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries; set up new vendor files with proper documentation 16. Produce monthly reports and assist with month end closing
17. Interface with Branch Managers in resolving discrepancies with accounts and/or the completion of information.
18. Keep a detailed record of Fixed Assets purchased by the company.