Intrepid sets the standard for delivering excellence in the federal marketplace and is known for treating employees like family. We provide our employees with a challenging and supportive work environment, paired with a competitive salary and an industry-leading 401k contribution. We are looking for a Back-End Developer to join our team to support the United States Army modernize critical budget systems. You will be rebuilding multiple tools using cutting-edge technology hosted in an AWS environment. Additionally, you’ll be part of a full agile team including front end devs, back end devs, DevSecOps engineers, technical architect, UI/UX engineer, and business analysts/functional SMEs.
About the Project:
You can expect a face-paced environment in which the team will be diving into some complex data that feeds an equally complex process designed to help the Army prepare the annual budget submission that will become part of the President’s Budget. An API-first approach with a modern data architecture is key for success, but so is a great user experience that can help move the Army away from manual processes into more automated ones. The client is also interested in hearing how they can better harness machine learning and AI in this space, and we’ll be happy to help them with this challenge too!
At a minimum you should have:
· An active SECRET security clearance, or the ability to maintain.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
· 7-9 years of related technical experience.
· Experience with Node.js.
· Experience building RESTful APIs.
· Experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL.
· Experience with NoSQL document stores such as Elasticsearch and MongoDB.
· Experience with AWS Services and experience building off of them (and not just EC2, RDS, etc).
· Experience with performance analysis.
· Ability to define, create, and execute unit tests.
· Ability to organize data and write performant queries.
· Experience with Git and GitFlow.
You will be highly desirable if you have:
· Knowledge of authentication / authorization best practices (OAuth 2, SAML, LDAP, ABAC, etc).
· Knowledge of TLS/SSL.
· Experience securing sensitive data.
· Experience working on an agile development project.
· Ability to reverse engineer legacy code and convert it to modern features (namely, ASP.NET and T/SQL).
· Experience with Slack, Jira and the Atlassian tool suite.
· Experience deploying applications in DoD or other accredited federal environments.
· Experience with the DoD IA certification and accreditation process.
· Experience with containers, docker, or kubernetes.
· 14% 401k contribution, no match required.
· Macbook Pro
· Referral Bonus - good people know good people
· Flexible Paid Personal Leave + holidays
· Ongoing Social Events
**This job description is subject to change at any time.