Summary of Position: The Staff Accountant is responsible for a variety of daily accounting activities to ensure accurate and timely processing of financial information.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Related Field
Experience: Three (3) years of progressive experience in an accounting environment
Skills: Strong organization and time management; Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; Good interpersonal and communication skills; Good judgment; Attention to detail and good-record-keeping; Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; Ability to produce accurate financial statements; Knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Office
Requirements: Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable
Physical: Frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel. Regularly required to talk or hear and see.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting Finance Department.
2. Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording and adjusting and reclassification of journal entries, if necessary.
3. Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, and employer’s cost, accruals and prepaid expenses.
4. Help support monthly close activates, internal/external financial reporting for various business operations.
5. Provide support during external audits and other financial reporting events.
6. Maintain files and reports outlining branch and joint ventures financial results and other necessary backup.
7. Ensure appropriate treatment of recorded transactions for compliance with GAAP and other applicable standards.
8. Overall recording and analyzing of various accounts, to ensure integrity and accuracy of entries into accounts.
9. Distribute financial information for branches and joint ventures and answer questions regarding results.
10. Maintains, verifies and posts the GL accounts to ensure accurate and timely processing.
11. Extensive coordinating of information from the “field” into the corporate office.
12. Interact with all levels of management.
13. Complete all required company education and training.