Expectations for All Employees:
Play an active role in helping the Company achieve its Mission of Protecting Others by living the Core Values of Integrity, Leadership, Relationships and Enthusiasm in everything that we do.
The primary responsibility of the Associate Policy Specialist is to manage a book of business within a specific territory or line of business. This position will review and screen requests for new and renewal policies as well as process any changes or updates to policies within company guidelines. The Associate Policy Specialist should demonstrate outstanding customer service skills and foster positive relationships with insureds and agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
30% Respond to requests and inquiries from insureds, prospects, and agents through phone calls, emails or direct mailings, demonstrating outstanding customer service skills with accuracy and timeliness
30% Manage policies as assigned, including:
· Print and conduct an initial review of the renewal profile in ImageRight, review loss runs, noting any rating implications and complete an overall review of the renewal questionnaire requesting from the insured all incomplete data
· Create and update the client record in CRM
· Process transactions in Oasis, including but not limited to accepting or declining tail, processing mid-term endorsements and canceling policies
· Approve policies and invoices to save official so they can be printed and also sent to ImageRight.
· Review and respond to all tasks in Outlook and ImageRight
30% Create new business or renewal indications at Underwriter request and complete the preparation for renewal reviews for the Associate Underwriter and Underwriter
5% Actively participate in quality evaluations to improve the customer experience
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
5% Ensure that assigned accounts are current by running, reviewing and taking the appropriate action from reports designed to monitor renewals, outstanding balances, credit balances and tails in an offer status
Qualifications and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or a minimum of eight years’ relevant experience
Internships are preferred
Critical thinking skills and time management skills are essential
Dependable and detail oriented
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Self-motivated and able to accomplish multiple tasks in a timely manner
Accomplished written and verbal communication skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel