Intrepid sets the standard for delivering excellence in the federal marketplace and is known for treating employees like family. We provide our employees with a challenging and supportive work environment, paired with a competitive salary and an industry-leading 401k contribution. We are looking for a functional Subject Matter Expert Business Analyst to join our team to help the United States Army modernize critical budget systems. You’ll be part of a full cross-functional agile software development team that is working to rapidly build multiple capabilities using modern technologies and processes in a cloud environment. The team will include a scrum master, developers, data engineers, technical architects, and UI/UX and graphic design experts.
Your role on the team:
You will be the definitive source of knowledge on the complex and technical end-to-end budget process for the Army. While the project’s initial requirements will focus on specific points where the Army budget process intersects with DoD, knowledge of the whole process will be key. Your expertise will directly influence the strategic and technical way ahead for the capabilities that are built. We seek experts who can align user needs, regulatory requirements, as well as senior government vision and translate those into software requirements. You should possess the ability to understand the currents state of needs, requirements and vision and make recommendations on how to improve them. This requires a deep and robust understanding of the budget process and policy, both at macro and micro levels.
About the Project:
You can expect a fast-paced environment in which the team will be diving into some complex data that feeds an equally complex process designed to help the Army prepare the annual budget submission that will become part of the President’s Budget. An API-first approach with a modern data architecture is key for success, but so is a great user experience that can help move the Army away from manual processes into more automated ones. The client is also interested in hearing how they can better harness machine learning and AI in this space, and we’ll be happy to help them with this challenge too!
At a minimum you should have:
- An active SECRET security clearance or the ability to maintain.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- 7-9 years of business analysis experience, with subject matter expertise in Army budget and finance process and policy.
- Expert understanding of the Army PPBE process and policy both at macro and micro levels, to include processes, regulatory requirements, policy, and budget-specific terminology and acronyms.
- Experience in creating, documenting, and maintaining changing system requirements as user stories and acceptance criteria in a Product Backlog.
- Experience in conducting research to ensure that development efforts align with policy as well as industry best practices, guidelines, and standards.
- The ability to perform functional testing according to user story acceptance criteria and document or communicate findings as appropriate, working closely with the test engineer.
- The ability to create briefings, process workflow maps, and other materials to communicate the functional needs of the capability, working closely with the Project and Technical Anchors.
- The ability to work closely with UI/UX engineers to understand, document, and find solutions for pain points in the current system and process.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior decision makers.
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
You will be highly desirable if you have:
- Experience in or understanding of Agile principles and methodologies.
- Understanding of web-based technologies and the typical roadblocks that present themselves in delivering these solutions.
- Experience capturing user stories while working with the Product Owner, users, and development team.
- Experience developing product roadmaps.
- Experience with modern software development techniques.
- Knowledge in how to maximize the use of JIRA and Atlassian for project and team efficiency.
- 14% 401k contribution, no match required.
- Macbook Pro
- Referral Bonus - good people know good people
- Flexible Paid Personal Leave + holidays
- Ongoing Social Events
**This job description is subject to change at any time.