The Web Developer is responsible for the creation, maintenance and enhancement of Mspark web applications and websites and their integration with other systems such as Dynamics 365, Marketo and Mspark’s custom ERP. The ideal candidate can work closely with departments to understand their goals, translate them into requirements and develop functionality that delivers with efficiency, accuracy and reliability.
- Collaborates with departments to develop web and desktop applications in C# and MS-SQL
- Takes a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and support.
- Confirms that written code is tested thoroughly against user’s requirements or reported bug.
- Coordinates with members of Development and IT to integrate with other systems
- Creates and maintains Mspark web sites and integration points with CRM, HR system, and other Mspark systems
- Works with Marketing team members to maximize effectiveness of technology on public Mspark websites through the use of features such as Google Tag Manager and Marketo marketing automation.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Creative Services to secure, enhance and support Mspark Wordpress sites (PHP, MySQL)
- Works with IT team members to create and maintain websites and applications within a hosted environment (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Analyzes present systems and procedures; recommends changes or improvements.
- Coordinates User Acceptance Testing with department representatives and Director of Application Development.
- Contributes to development planning by providing reasonable, reliable time estimates
- Produces clear, concise documentation on all work completed to support future enhancement and troubleshooting
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Key Performance Expectations
- Alignment of deployed code with business and functional requirements
- Deliver on KPIs and objectives that are deadline driven and quality focused
- Website and application availability, load speed, and other performance expectations
- Website and application security
- SEO Performance
Key Competencies & Attributes
- College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent technical degree.
- At least 5 years computer/technical experience
- Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Software Requirements, Software Architecture, Software Development Fundamentals, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Multimedia Content Development, Software Debugging, Technical Leadership, Written Communication
- Expert level programming (> 5 years) in PHP, .NET, or other related
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Advanced technical proficiency in SQL, MySQL, and related database programming
- Ability to identify gained efficiencies through programming. This speaks to someone that can work smarter and not just harder.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Must demonstrate project-planning skills
- Current knowledge of industry software and hardware technologies
- Demonstrated programming and debugging skills
- Ability to provide individual and group training
- Advanced technical proficiency in relevant operating systems, applications, and/or languages
- Advanced technical proficiency in web site design as well as middle tier applications including relational databases
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Role: Software Developer
Skills: SQL, PHP, C#
Location: Birmingham, AL
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Pay Range: $76 - $100k