The Senior Developer is a subject matter expert or supervisor level position responsible for designing, building, configuring and testing software systems and solutions.
This position involves creating design documentation, designing software solutions and systems, developing applications, performing preliminary testing, participating in testing process, and supporting deployment, and creating technical documentation. This position will also require active involvement in requirements gathering, business design, and end-user training.
Although this position will perform all of the functions of the developer, the senior developer position will have the added responsibilities of supervising and/or developing employees, leading complex application development, developing expertise in a specific technology or technical area, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
ERP/EPM Developer, Senior
Under minimal supervision, provides expertise in review, analysis and modification of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and/or Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) system
ERP system duties include the following:
- Performs design, development and customization of application tables, pages, processes and reports.
- Experience with providing development, implementation, and support for one of more of the following modules: Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset Management, Real Estate, Project Costing, Expenses, Cash Management(Bank Reconciliation) or Interaction Hub .
- Experience with supporting, installing and implementing new modules, third party software, maintenance patches and system upgrades as required.
EPM system duties include the following:
- Performs design, build, load, configuration and reporting within the financial management application.
- Deep understanding of corporate accounting concepts including financial reporting, allocations, and consolidations.
- Provides direction and support for system administration, maintaining security, logic, business rules, calculation scripts and metadata on applications as needed.
- Experience with EPM tools to migrate code or data to one or more environments.
- Experience with providing development and support for Financial Management applications.
Additional requirements expected of the position:
- Provides end user support including troubleshooting and debugging of both system and data related issues within the application.
- Responsible for third party software support and inbound/outbound interface integration into the system.
- Identifies and documents system technical requirements such as enhancements, updates, and new modules.
- Develops and executes unit tests for application updates to support change management processes along with providing support for QA and UAT testers to resolve system defects.
- Partners with end-users to gain a functional knowledge of existing policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply functional knowledge and interpret functional requirements in the design and customization of the system.
- Competent to work on all phases of application activities at the highest technical level.
- Ability to perform all tasks from beginning to end including system design, development, data loading, reporting, customization, security design, application upgrades, support and the implementation of new modules.
- Provides direction and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Leads research into new ERP/EPM application modules or third party systems to determine technical feasibility.
- Works with internal IT resources to determine hardware, database, storage, and network requirements for proposed system solutions.
- Effectively manage vendor relationships including leading evaluations of third party tools and software, and supporting end user testing initiatives.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Associates Degree or Undergraduate degree recommended
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Technical Certifications, such as Peoplesoft Certified Developer a plus.
- Familiar with:
- Systems development life cycle for packaged applications
- Business requirements definition and documentation
- System design
- Software development
- Common system and user acceptance testing procedures
- System deployment
- Technical documentation
- End user training execution and documentation
- Familiar with regulatory compliance:
- Privacy and Security
- ERP/EPM Developers will have experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- PeopleSoft Financials
- PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
- Oracle Database Platform
- Hyperion Financial Management
- Hyperion Reports
- SQL / PL/SQL / Transact-SQL