The Technology Consultant provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity. Responds to telephone, email and on-line requests for technical support. Technology Consultant will also be required to be onsite with clients based on published schedule and client needs. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem using applicable systems and tools. May coordinate with other teams or departments to resolve user problems.
- Responds in a timely fashion to end users’ needs and concerns relating to computer business applications and general systems issues and provides support for all software and hardware.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems, prevents problem escalation and provides solution tracking.
- Collaborates with end users utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN)
- Install, configures and maintains router/firewalls, Windows and Apple work stations, file and terminal servers, network cabling and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or updates and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Performs and/or oversees software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end users on the network.
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing reported issues; reviewing daily travel schedule
- Participate in weekly on call rotations to handle all support request that come in after hours.
- Having reliable means of transportation and being able to travel 500-750+ miles per week.
- Comply with safety and HIPAA regulations while maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Preform other duties assigned by management.
- Associates or Bachelors in related field
- 1-2 years of networking experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain computers/laptops, servers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to communication technical information to nontechnical individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be motived and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work non-standard hours
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend, reach and use a step stool or climb ladder.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work in an open environment, with other associates in a call center environment and in professional offices when onsite
- Travel (locally) up to 50-75% of time