Intrepid sets the standard for delivering excellence in the federal marketplace and is known for treating employees like family. We provide our employees with a challenging and supportive work environment, paired with a competitive salary and an industry-leading 401k contribution. We are looking for a Front-End Developer to join our team to help the United States Army modernize critical budget systems. You will help rebuild multiple tools using cutting edge tech hosted in an AWS environment. Additionally, you’ll be part of a full agile team including front end devs, back end devs, DevSecOps engineers, technical architect, UI/UX engineer, and business analysts/functional SMEs.
About the project:
You can expect a face-paced environment in which the team will be diving into some complex data that feeds an equally complex process designed to help the Army prepare the annual budget submission that will become part of the President’s Budget. An API-first approach with a modern data architecture is key for success, but so is a great user experience that can help move the Army away from manual processes into more automated ones. The client is also interested in hearing how they can better harness machine learning and AI in this space, and we’ll be happy to help them with this challenge too!
At a minimum you should have:
· An active SECRET security clearance or the ability to maintain.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
· 5+ years of related technical experience.
· Experience with the latest version of Angular and related libraries.
· Experience building a modern clean UI.
· Experience with Git.
· Experience GitFlow development workflow.
· Experience working with and consuming REST APIs.
· Experience performing code reviews for your peers.
· The ability to define, create, and execute unit tests.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You may be regularly working with the product owner to demo features and brainstorm new ideas
You will be highly desirable if you have:
· The ability to work full stack (namely, Node.js).
· The ability to reverse engineer legacy code and convert it to modern features (namely, ASP.NET).
· Experience with the latest versions of React and Vue.
· Experience working on an agile development projects.
· The ability to write technical subtasks for user stories for application features.
· Experience with 508 compliance.
· Experience with Slack, Jira and the Atlassian tool suite.
· 14% 401k contribution, no match required.
· Macbook Pro
· Referral Bonus - good people know good people
· Flexible Paid Personal Leave + holidays
· Ongoing Social Events
**This job description is subject to change at any time.