Ethos is a new kind of life insurance built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctors appointments or hidden fees. We have transformed a 15 week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button - by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Our team hails from companies such as Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Goldman Sachs. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Jay-Z and Robert Downey Jr. We are growing quickly and looking for passionate people to join our San Francisco office.
About the Role
You will work on our paid acquisition channels. You'll work closely with our product, partnerships, and engineering teams and be responsible for our core business metrics.
This is direct response marketing, plain and simple. Every dollar we spend has an objective that is tested and measured. Success is aligning Media strategy with overall Marketing strategy, showing ROI on a limited attribution model, scaling lead volume across products and providing the highest quality leads to our clients. Our test-and-learn methodology requires mindful planning, set up, execution and analysis. Working both programmatically and direct, this position is for candidates who desire to contribute straight to Ethos bottom line and be recognized for it.
We’re a growth-stage company: you will ideate, conceptualize, plan, prioritize, and execute on growth experiments. If rolling up your sleeves to execute gives you pause, this is not the right role for you.
Campaign Management: Ownership of online media campaigns. Optimize at the placement/creative level to directly impact our KPI’s. Responsible for P&L of each campaign. Involved in all aspects of campaign set up, creative management, and campaign optimization including internal communication of results, to quarterly performance reviews.
Strategic Thinking: Use your intelligence, experience, inventiveness and organizational skills to solve problems with minimum input from others.
Work with Ad-serving: Manage third-party ad-serving systems and internal database tools. Very comfortable working in Excel especially in pivot tables.
Flexibility: Focus on long and short term objectives and be ready to prioritize when ad-hoc opportunities arise.
Detail Oriented & Strong Project Management Skills: Facilitate internal project requests and work with internal teams across the organization.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years experience in online advertising/marketing.
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Thorough working knowledge of direct response online advertising
- Excellent analysis skills, ability to research and analyze various different types and large amounts of data
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: thorough working knowledge of intermediate to advanced MS Excel.
- Able to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadline
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Team player mentality
- Possess a strong passion for Marketing
- Are you a self-starter with the motivation to crush any goals thrown your way? You’ll fit right in here.
- Prior success working in a lead-gen marketing
- Knowledge of the consumer lending and/or real estate industries
- Experience working with Ad Serving systems
- Experience working with DSPs and other digital ad tech platforms
- Experience with 1st party audience planning, creation and testing