The Senior Visual Designer and Production Specialist is tasked with being the creative lead for a client member team. They help discover and design new, interactive creative concepts for the client member team, with a focus on driving consistent brand and web standards. Additionally, they are experts at content staging, and able to effectively stage and edit content in an enterprise level CMS system. As a member of the team, this individual will work closely with the client team member in charge of the site, and will be responsible for serving as a liaison across a broad group of stakeholders, with the goal of soliciting feedback and gaining alignment around consistent design and brand standards.
- Provide creative direction, working with 10up and third-party agencies proposing content & design ideas for the site, shaping ideas to be more in line with the existing site styles, and to take advantage of existing components/modules available in the technical platform.
- Design innovative, engaging, responsive layouts and experiences for web & mobile.
- Present design solutions to client stakeholders, communicating not only what design decisions have been made but the rationale behind those decisions, anchoring design in the functional and emotional goals of the site.
- Collaborate with user experience designers on wireframes, sitemaps, and page level interactions, as well as with front end engineers on interactive prototypes and production-ready web experiences.
- Refine design solutions through iterations—from sketches to comps and on to real in-browser realizations—with an eye toward true interactivity and multi-device reality.
- Develop style guides, annotated comps, user guides, and other deliverables designed to preserve the essential elements of an overall design solution through development and into maintenance.
- Lead workshops/discussions with clients, driving towards an understanding of brand promise, emotion, mood, and expectations.
- Create mood boards / storyboards, animations, illustrations, style tiles, and other representations of design directions to guide clients through design processes.
- Three plus years experience with visual design for web and mobile and authoring/publishing web pages in content management systems (CMS) for high-traffic web properties.
- Solid understanding of the web as a medium: HTML, CSS, web typography, responsive design, and what it means to realize designs in a multi-device world.
- Demonstrated portfolio of compelling, engaging digital solutions and an ability to define what makes them successful.
- Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges, and solutions to those challenges.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills: ability to work with stakeholders from multiple organizations to achieve the best results.
- Experience with the capabilities of WordPress as a platform, including the use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases.
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, "always-learning" spirit, interested in identifying and solving the web’s design challenges one experience at a time.
- Experience with Sketch (preferred) and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to tag and categorize content in an enterprise CMS system, and make strategic recommendations for content taxonomy.
- Provide quality assurance and content editing, to ensure all content is error free and elements are consistent with style and brand guidelines.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to think strategically and problem solve.
- Ability to be onsite in Redmond, WA on a regular basis and on short notice.
Nice to have
- Experience with InVision.
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows, and content management platforms.
- Formal design education.
- Remote working experience appreciated.