The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and financial management practices appropriate to the industry. Working with the executive team, this individual will provide strategic leadership and insight that will help us establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the Company’s financial operations team, including processes, structures, and performance.
- Participate as a strategic partner in the development of the company’s plans and goals, bringing a perspective rooted in financial understanding and modeling.
- Evaluate and advise on long-range planning, and the financial impact of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the company by way of systems that will improve efficiency and outcomes.
- Participate in continual improvement of the budgeting process, working with members of senior leadership.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and business development.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Provide appropriate information, guidance, and review with respect to external vendors responsible for tax filings.
- Advise the team from the financial perspective on any contracts which the company considers.
- Serve as a coach/mentor, providing technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial operations team.
- Evaluate the financial operations team structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, as well as providing individuals with personal and professional growth (where possible).
- Demonstrated experience growing and leading a highly efficient and productive finance team, preferably in a services industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience doing business outside the US.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive, solution orientation - ability to work through complex problems to identify solutions and build buy-in for those solutions.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
Nice to have
- MBA (strongly desired).
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, or CFA).
- Demonstrated ability to work with a distributed team.
- Experience with international subsidiaries of US-based companies.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience with services contracts (Master Services Agreements, Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Work).
- Experience with Professional Employment Organizations (PEOs) and other mechanisms growing companies use to manage employee benefits, payroll, and regulations compliance.