We're building an Enterprise AI platform focusing on deep customer understanding, modelling and emotionally intelligent customer engagement. If you have a startup mentality and a desire to help some of the world’s largest organizations leverage the latest ML / AI technologies we want to hear from you.
Genus AI is an international company with offices in San Francisco, London and Vilnius. Come join us to change the world in a meaningful way!
The engineering team at Genus AI works closely with the commercial and data science teams to build a high-quality Enterprise AI platform and services that exceed client expectations. Our clients trust us with their most sensitive information and we make security a first-class consideration not only in engineering matters but across the whole company.
We are looking for an experienced security-minded software engineer to help ensure the whole company lives up to this trust every day.
- Design, build and maintain the core security infrastructure used by all of Genus AI engineering and data science teams.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Uphold high-security standards across the company.
- Develop solutions that will improve internal security monitoring & controls.
- Make impactful decisions about systems and security.
- Architect and build infrastructure and frameworks with threat prevention in mind.
You may be fit for this role if you...
- Have a good command of written and spoken English.
- Have experience hardening AWS infrastructure and writing high-quality code that addresses security problems.
- Have experience finding flaws in software and can effectively communicate how to fix them.
- Have the ability to find creative ways of reducing risk of inherently insecure efforts.
- Natural inclination to collaborate and help the team uphold a high standard of security.
- Are familiar with various security benchmarks and certification requirements.
- 2000-3000 EUR net monthly salary or more.
- A personal budget of 1,000EUR per year for learning courses of your choice, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 work days of holidays.
- Competitive salary.
- All the tech you need to do your job.
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and as part of the team.
What is it like in engineering at Genus AI
First and foremost we want to be proud of our team, the work we do together, to learn from one another and set an example and be driving force in AI application in positive ways.
We are optimizing our engineering towards sustainable speed
. We encourage the release of small iterative changes, that are fast to review and verify. This gives us a significant speed in trying out various ideas and getting feedback fast.
In all of the above, we strive to be keep a high-security standard. We use a set of tools to automate compliance checks. We do regular software upgrades, review our software dependencies and regularly organise pen-testing. We enforce good basic cybersecurity hygiene wherever possible and expect every team member to support this.
Languages, Frameworks and Tools you will encounter at Genus AI
Most of our codebase is written in Python (3.6+). A basic understanding and ability to follow PHP and/or Java code would be a plus. We understand that languages can be learnt, therefore we are more interested in your engineering ability.
Our infrastructure is built on top of AWS and we use CloudFormation for Infrastructure-as-a-Code, and Ansible with custom plugins for automation.
We use Phabricator
for most of our engineering and product workflows.
We use Django 2 with MariaDB for our client facing platform.
We use React, TypeScript, and GraphQL for our platform UI.
We use Jupyterlab with Python, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow and H2O.ai for data science workloads. As we plan on doing more R&D there is an opportunity for validating any other cutting edge ML tools and frameworks.