We're building an Enterprise AI platform focusing on deep customer understanding, modelling and emotionally intelligent customer engagement. If you have a startup mentality and a desire to help some of the world’s largest organizations leverage the latest ML / AI technologies we want to hear from you.
Genus AI is an international company with offices in San Francisco, London and Vilnius. Come join us to change the world in a meaningful way!
The engineering team at Genus AI works closely with the commercial and data science teams to build a high-quality Enterprise AI platform and services that exceed client expectations. Our clients trust us with their most sensitive information and we make security a first-class consideration not only in engineering matters but across the whole company.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer with varying degree of experience and diverse backgrounds to help us transition our platform website to a modern browser age.
- Transition Genus AI platform from Django templates based to a modern Angular (PWA) and Nrwl/Nx based frontend stack.
- Build and maintain the front-end side of Genus AI platform.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with the engineering team to build new features on Genus AI platform.
- Work with the data science team to build visual explanations of models and reports.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You may be fit for this role if you...
- Have a good command of written and spoken English.
- Have a good understanding of security best practices and basic cybersecurity hygiene.
- Have experience with Angular (PWA) and Nrwl/Nx stack.
- Enjoy building software by making small and iterative changes.
- Enjoy sharing knowledge, teaching and mentoring young peers.
Bonus points if you...
- Dabbled with Python and Django for personal or professional reasons.
- Dabbled with managing AWS infrastructure for personal or professional reasons.
- 2000-3000 EUR net monthly salary or more.
- A personal budget of 1,000EUR per year for learning courses of your choice, conferences, books, etc.
- 25 work days of holidays.
- Competitive salary.
- All the tech you need to do your job.
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and as part of the team.
What is it like in engineering at Genus AI
First and foremost we want to be proud of our team, the work we do together, to learn from one another and set an example and be driving force in AI application in positive ways.
We are optimizing our engineering towards sustainable speed
. We encourage the release of small iterative changes, that are fast to review and verify. This gives us a significant speed in trying out various ideas and getting feedback fast.
In all of the above, we strive to be keep a high-security standard. We use a set of tools to automate compliance checks. We do regular software upgrades, review our software dependencies and regularly organise pen-testing. We enforce good basic cybersecurity hygiene wherever possible and expect every team member to support this.
Languages, Frameworks and Tools you will encounter at Genus AI
Most of our codebase is written in Python (3.6+). A basic understanding and ability to follow PHP and/or Java code would be a plus. We understand that languages can be learnt, therefore we are more interested in your engineering ability.
Our infrastructure is built on top of AWS and we use CloudFormation for Infrastructure-as-a-Code, and Ansible with custom plugins for automation.
We use Phabricator
for most of our engineering and product workflows.
We use Django 2 with MariaDB as our platform backend.
We use Jupyterlab with Python, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow and H2O.ai for data science workloads. As we plan on doing more R&D there is an opportunity for validating any other cutting edge ML tools and frameworks.