Gentis Solutions is seeking an Oracle WebLogic Engineer. The Engineer will be accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting activities that create deliverables that guide the direction, development, and delivery of technological responses to disruptive forces, and targeted business outcomes.
Minimum Position Qualifications
- 6-8 years successful and applicable hands on experience in software or infrastructure development domain and principles including design patterns and code structure
- 6-8 years proven track record of designing and delivering large scale, high quality systems
- Understanding of network and security architecture
- Deep knowledge in infrastructure and middleware
- Experience implementing large Weblogic implementations within the Oracle Retail Suite
- 3-4 years of successful and applicable experience taking a lead role in building complex software ad automation systems that has been successfully delivered to customers
Current Tools and Technologies needed:
- Weblogic, WLST Scripting, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, TeamCity, Artifactory, GIThub, Oracle Retail Suite
Essential Job Functions:
- Innovate, develop and drive the development and communication of technology strategy and roadmaps across the technology organization to support project portfolio and business strategy.
- Drive the development and communication of enterprise standards for all domains: operations, infrastructure, data, applications, development, security & risk, and business continuance.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure clarity between ongoing projects and the strategic objectives of the company.
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership to shape sound architectural decisions.
- Lead the analysis of the technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Mentor team members in software development principles, patterns, processes and practices.
- Promote the capture and reuse of intellectual capital, including code objects and components.
- Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications, class structures and other design documents.
- Provide leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise's technical architecture.
- Develop target-state guidance (i.e., reusable standards, design patterns, guidelines, individual parts and configurations) to evolve the technical infrastructure across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.