Gentis Solutions is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team. The Engineer will lead the development of best practices, guidelines, and development standards. They will also provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Lead the development of best practices, guidelines, and development standards.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, reliability, extensibility, etc.
- Analyze the current enterprise to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Define technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Focus on application re-platforming, application modernization, and cloud-native architecture.
- Understanding of 12-Factor development and Cloud Foundry.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging technology trends.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with integration through web services and APIs and the appropriate standards (XML, JSON, REST, OAuth).
- Experience with implementation of software code including unit test code.
- Proficiency with Java, Spring, and Spring Boot.
- Experience implementing best practices in Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous delivery, and other Lean Software practices.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.