Gentis Solutions is seeking a Director of Engineering for a role in Cincinnati, OH to lead a team of engineers involved in our automotive components and automotive sub-systems for hybrid and electric vehicles.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from accredited university.
- 10+ years automotive or transportation related engineering/construction experience.
- Have a thorough understanding of electrical vehicle operation and design, battery systems a plus.
- Proficient in Solidworks 3D CAD environment and 2D drawings environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications as well as other computer-based engineering tools
- Has experience doing FEA in SolidWorks and Solidworks EPDM
- Has experience supporting continuous product improvement of an engineering product currently in production
- Experience, or keen interest, in automotive engineering
- Good communication skills and a team oriented attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced innovative engineering environment
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Engineering team across all locations and affiliates companies
- Manage the team’s resources to facilitate timely production of concepts, prototypes, and models
- Collaborates with other engineers from a variety of disciplines to find innovative solutions to automotive engineering challenges and works to complete projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop, implement and continuously update engineering standards, methods and best practices
- Find or design engineering software and tools to maximize efficiency and quality of engineering output
- Aid in patent generation and review
- Troubleshoots field issues
- Able to brief senior management
- Carry out management responsibilities, including training and development, evaluations, and interviewing and hiring to expand our team
- Willingness to travel – 20% time for Cincinnati based or more if not local