Gentis Solutions is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team. The DevOps team will drive and deliver a fully automated development lifecycle focused on delivering a platform capable of full automation between the development and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with integration through web services and APIs and the appropriate standards (XML, JSON, REST, OAuth).
- Experience with implementation of software code including unit test code.
- Proficiency with Java, Spring, and Spring Boot.
- Deep experience implementing best practices in Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous delivery, and other Lean Software practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 years’ experience serving as an active build master and experience provisioning, operating, and managing CI/CD environments
- 2 years’ experience in a software development organization
- Knowledge and practical experience of the Lean methodology, principles and tools
- Application Server: Spring Boot
- DevOps: Any CI/CD (Gitlab, GitHub, Electric Cloud, TeamCity, Stash/Bitbucket, Jenkins), Gradle, Maven, Android Studio, IntelliJ, JVM Tuning, Docker, KVM, Code Signing
- Testing: Junit, Mockito, Powermock, Selenium, Appium
- Any Analytic Engine (Firebase, Google, Adobe Omniture)
- Data Management: Amazon S3, MS SQL, Casandra, Kafka, Mongo DB, Informix
- Infrastructure as Code: Ansible / Ansible Tower, CFEngine, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Otter, Salt, SaltStack, Terraform, DSC, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Prepares and installs CI/CD solutions.
- Provide day to day support to the Scrum Teams during the CI/CD build release cycle
- Analyzes, Maintains and Monitors the CI/CD pipeline
- Determines and designs system specifications, standards, and programs.
- Performs system analyses and recommends changes to policies and procedures.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analyses, problem definitions, requirements, solution developments, and proposed solutions.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear codes.
- Obtains and licenses software.
- Test and approves vendor products.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, fully matched 401K after 90 days, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.