Gentis Solutions is seeking a Technical Lead to drive technical roadmap, from planning to execution to insure steady performance and scalability of the solution as well as consistent user experience. This candidate would be the liaison between the infrastructure team and IBM ensuring environments are "right sized" and optimally configured.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 7 or more years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Experience with Project planning.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 5 - 7 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies with large size or highly complex projects.
- Prior experience with project planning with large size or highly complex projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans independently as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the SupportCenter, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates. Mentor team members in software development principles, patterns, processes and practices.
- May direct the day-to-day work activities of other team members.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.