The UX Specialist is much more than somebody that makes things pretty. This role requires someone who thinks at a high level — who can start from understanding users and bringing that into the product team. You’ll be digging into the “how”, the “why”, and the “what”. You’re someone who enjoys starting with hand sketches and low-fidelity design while collaborating with UI to work towards the final design. You love conducting user interviews, user testing, research, and helping to ensure that usability doesn’t deviate through execution. You have experience in creating journey maps, user flows, wireframes (or flows, if you like mixing it up), and helping always bring the team back to the problem we’re solving and who we’re solving it for.
You’ll work with Engineers, Product Managers and Product Stakeholders to build product experiences, and spearhead the user research and design early in the process. The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving and design thinking skills, strong ability to advocate for users through design, and collaborating with technology teams. We are looking for a proven ability to think through every phase of design and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous products that will be industry defining.
- Strong communication skills in discussing and communicating design concepts with internal teams and external stakeholders or clients
- Strong, demonstrable design skills and ability to work from early UX concepts through visual UI design
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss design and with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to design while adhering to usability heuristics and best usability standards and practices; following user-centered principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Familiarity in design concept and prototyping tools such as (but not limited to) Whimsical (or equivalent such as Balsamiq), Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Bonus points for demonstrated experience in design thinking and utilizing best design practices in your work
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Tirelessly champion the needs of our consumers
- Be responsible for initial user research, discovery, product design, and consumer testing
- Keep up to date on the latest UX best practices, strategies, technologies and industry changes
- Evangelize the product experience and help bring in cross-functional team members into design and sharing user insights
- Move quickly and with agility
- Manage and collaborate on the entire product design cycle from initial research through design and implementation
- Analyze consumer research to develop key brand insights
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.