Gentis Solutions is seeking a QA Functional Tester who is experienced in report testing. The tester supports quality assurance programs and processes in alignment with QA strategy. The tester is responsible for producing the artifacts and providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within client projects; authoring test cases; and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
Position/Project Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 3+ years of relevant experience in testing ORACLE AIP ( highly desirable)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Report/BI testing using Tableau.
- 3+ years of testing experience on mobile devices
- 3+ years SQL utilizing complex queries
- 3+ years of automation testing experience (preferably Selenium)
- 2+ years of Agile methodology experience
- 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- 1+ years of using Jira for defect tracking
- Prefer SQL experience to be on most recent project
- Prefer Agile methodology being utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer experience in the SAFe Agile approach
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide SME level test analysis, test case creation, test execution, SQL queries, validate data in tables, analyze test results and report results.
- Do Report/BI testing using Tableau
- Work within an Agile methodology
- Validate data from the tables through each step of the extract and transformation process including final load in the data warehouse
- Develop and review test plans, test cases and end to end business workflows
- Ensure accurate data and reporting, in terms of content and infrastructure by researching and identifying source of errors
- Perform root cause and trend analysis to identify recurring patterns of errors
- Participate in SAFe Agile ceremonies (PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Scrum, Retrospectives, Showcases, etc).
- Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
- Coordinate test case and end to end business workflows reviews with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test case writing guidelines
- Keep QA Lead and management informed of current state of quality and test progress
- Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions and recommend process improvements
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with project team.
- Multi-task to meet assignment deadlines
- Accurately estimate work assignments
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or have related and equivalent work experience
- Proactively identify, communicate risks and offer mitigation plans
- Help drive and improve QA process within the team you are assigned
- Support quality assurance programs and processes in alignment with QA strategy.
- The tester is responsible for producing the artifacts and providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within client projects; authoring test cases; and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.