This position involves leading custom web development throughout the entire project life cycle. The Lead Web developers are capable of full cycle project leadership including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and utilizing our Enterprise Application Framework (EAF). The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, experience with delegation, and takes extreme pride in their work.
- 5+ years experience as a Software Developer with a focus on Java EE solutions
- A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures
- Expertise in Java development technologies including JSP, JSF, Servlets, JDBC, JMS, and EJB
- Familiarity with popular open source projects including Spring, Hibernate, Eclipse, Jboss, Ant, Maven, Junit, Struts, Git and Stash
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of clients’ timelines and budgets
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills
- Experience with Containerization (e.g. Docker)
- No SQL development (e.g. Cassandra, DCSolr, etc…) experience is preferred
- Experience with Micro Services, APIs, and Cloud technologies (Azure, GCP, PCF) is preferred.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications
- Mentor team members in web development principles, patterns, processes and practices
- Champion company standards and best practices
- Strive to be a thought leader in web development technologies and practices
- Build partnerships across application, business and infrastructure teams
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences
- Document designs and specifications
- Implement solutions that can solve common problems
- Provide 24/7 Support and Maintenance for production solutions
- Research relevant technology trends and recognize trends that are relevant to the retail industry
- Work to continuously improve web development processes and practices
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.