This tester will provide support in developing SOA/integration interface test plans and estimates, automated test script development, executing service test scripts, reporting/tracking defects. The Quality Engineer is responsible for managing quality and test related process execution with high impact to the business. This includes providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phasewithin projects; authoring test plans and test cases; and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
Position/Project Specific Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 2+ years of hands-on, automation testing of integration web services (both REST and SOAP protocols) that include database validations
- Demonstrated experience in XML, XSD, XPath, MQ, Topics, HTTP, HTTPS, JSON
- Knowledge of SOA frameworks, processes, strategies, and approaches
- 2+ years of Java programming on SOA test automation scripts
- 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- 1+ years of using JIRA for user story management and defect tracking
- Ability to succeed and focus in a fast paced environment with noise/distractions
- Bachelors Degree in a related field of study
Position/Project Specific Preferences/Desires:
- Prefer 1+ years of automation testing web services using CA DevTest or Rest Assured
- Prefer SOA test experience be utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer Selenium automation experience to be within 1 year ago
- Prefer Agile be utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Work within various test methodologies such as SAFe agile
- Participate in the web application technical design process with the Application Architects on Internet and eCommerce related development projects.
- Test web services using automated scripts with tools such as CA DevTest or Rest Assured
- Test web services using SDLC best practices.
- Participate in all phases of web services system testing.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality and test procedures, processes and best practices for QA.
- Develop and maintain test plan and test cases with associated test data based upon functional and non-functional requirements.
- Identify test automation opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of test services.
- Contribute to test automation scripting standards and best practices.
- Understand SOA Reference Architecture.
- Elicit & understand SOA testing requirements.
- Write automation scripts and participate in peer reviews.
- Develop a repeatable process for designing, developing, and executing scripts.
- Conduct tests, document and analyze test results and present findings to development teams.
- Report and document defects found during test cycles. Participate in defect prioritization sessions.
- Work with development teams to instill testability into development practices.
- Provide test services for support activity and work with release management to assure product release quality.
- Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues to the appropriate teams to ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.