Gentis Solutions is hiring a Java Developer with who is a self-driven, energetic innovator that contributes greatly to the overall success of the company. You must be passionate about software development, technology and the frameworks required to deliver complex and responsive applications.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of proven professional Java development experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree desired) typically in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Business Analytics or another technically strong program
- Proficient with automated testing (JUnit, Cucumber, etc…)
- Proficient with VCS (Git, SVN)
- Experience using Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with dependency management (Maven, Gradle)
- Experience with debugging enterprise applications
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of Object Oriented Principles
- Understanding SOLID principles
- Understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- Experience with performance tuning enterprise applications
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Java, Spring Boot, MongoDB, JSON, and SQL daily
- Meet with internal clients, business analysts, and application developers to drive designs and issues to resolution.
- Take ownership of stories and drive them to completion through all phases of the SDLC.
- Participate in design of Java and Spring Boot based solutions
- Perform development of Java and Spring Boot based solutions
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Partner with senior resources, gaining insights
- Provide mentoring to junior resources
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Maintaining and enhancing existing applications
- Bring new perspectives to problems
- Be driven to improve yourself and the way things are done
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.