The tester supports quality assurance programs and processes in alignment with QA strategy. The tester is responsible for providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within client projects; authoring test cases/scripts; and performing test execution for both project and support related activities. The tester is expected to do some manual testing but the majority of their team will be spent on scripting automation tests with Selenium WebDriver and Marathon using Java. As well, the tester should help identify opportunities to improve application code quality by increasing unit and integration test coverage. The ideal candidate would not only be savvy technically but also have the experience/desire to operate as a standalone tester in a team or potentially lead a team of testers.
Position/Project Specific Requirements:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 2+ years of experience with test runners (Junit, TestNG, Mocha, Jasmine)
- 2+ years of experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab)
- 1+ years of experience with Selenium Grid
- 1+ years of experience testing web services (manual or automation)
- 1+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- 1+ years of using Jira for defect tracking
- 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- Selenium being utilized in the current/most recent project
- Working knowledge of Marathon
- Agile methodology being utilized in the current/most recent project
- Experience in the SAFe Agile approach
- Bachelors Degree in a related field of study
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively work in a fast paced environment utilizing the Agile methodology
- Develop and maintain functional automation test scripts utilizing modular frameworks and best practices
- Execute test scripts to validate correct functionality of application
- Use SQL for back-end database validation
- Perform various types of testing including smoke, white box, black box, integration, end-to-end, regression, and system testing as needed
- Participate in requirement & design review sessions; evaluate requirements & design docs from a quality test automation standpoint
- Manage test coverage based on risk analysis
- Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
- Coordinate test script reviews with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test script writing guidelines
- Keep QA Lead and management informed of current state of quality and test progress
- Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with project team.
- Multi-task to meet assignment deadlines
- Accurately estimate work assignments
- Show assertiveness
- Identify obstacles and roadblocks; and offer suggestions to work around obstacles
- Help drive and improve QA process within the team you are assigned
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or have related and equivalent work experience
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.