Gentis Solutions is seeking an SDET who will be on the leading edge developing our QA competency as part of cross functional agile teams.
Required Characteristics & Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another heavily technical program
- 5-8 years’ experience in a technical role executing and leading/mentoring
- Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for quality across a cross-functional organization.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental quality assurance concepts and best practices
- Strong experience in quality assurance and in developing automation frameworks and automated tests
- Experience with front end automated testing tools such as Protractor, Selenium etc
- Experience with back end services and automated testing tools
- Expertise related to tool selection and implementation
- Software development skills with programming and scripting experience
- Great analytical and programming skills with an emphasis on testing and with an attention to detail
- Experience with big data frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with scripting languages (frontend and backend)
- Knowledge of automated testing tools or frameworks.
- Experience with ETL validation
- Experience with performance testing using tools like JMeter, Gatling etc. (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in setting up automated testing as part of continuous integration (CI) build environments using TeamCity (preferred) or a comparable solution
- Experience with defect trackers
- Demonstrated understanding of scalable architectures, performant systems and resilient enterprise software
- Self-starter, little supervision required, with the ability to positively influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills. Strong analytical mind.
- Software development skills.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the following tech areas/skills:
- Microservice architecture
- 12 factor apps
- Java and Sprint Boot
- Linux Platform and shell scripts
- Own and be accountable for test planning and test execution as part of a full stack agile team
- Advocate for shift-left approach to testing and be the voice of quality
- Drive adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability
- Participate in product design reviews, backlog refinement, etc. to provide input on testability of functional requirements, product designs, and estimating/planning.
- Translate user stories and requirements to test cases
- Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks where needed
- Develop and support the testing of product features throughout the entire development cycle
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems from the quality lens looking for improvements to overall robustness, stability and/or performance
- Advance quality and diagnose issues by debugging the application through logs, stack traces and test results, continuous monitoring of systems under test and applications in production to increase confidence in the product or features rolled out
- Work closely with development teams to drive root cause analysis and feed that knowledge into automated quality processes effectively
- Support and help grow great talent in the quality engineering space including interviewing, onboarding/training and ongoing mentoring/coaching
Other Essential Job Functions: Mentoring/coaching others in QA principles and practices as well as performing the work. Good collaboration skills in an Agile environment.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.