Gentis Solutions is seeking a Jr. level Java Developer. The Developer will be actively part of a highly functioning SAFe Agile team, responsible for supporting multiple Visual Basic and Java applications. The Developer is responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, support and documentation of solutions delivered, with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. Every 10 weeks, the Developer will participate in PI planning; collaborating with fellow team members to breakdown features into user stories. The person will serve as a role model who demonstrates the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Current tools and technologies include:
Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic .Net, Angular 2, Java 8, Java Script, Unix Shell Scripting
- Proven success supporting Visual Basic and Java web applications
- 2+ years of development using Visual Basic 6, Visual Basic.Net, Angular 2, Java 8, Java Script, Unix Shell Scripting
- 2+ years’ experience with DB2 and SQL Server
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
- High-functioning, self-driven, motivated and curious.
- Do not wait for others to solve a problem – get behind the wheel and drive the solution!
- Excels in team related competencies including: Solution Architecture, Data warehousing, Data Modeling, Development, Testing and Documentation.
- Leads by setting the right example – in problem solving, testing, documenting and communicating.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and effectively participates in related ceremonies.
- Active participant in PI (effective in breaking down features to workable user stories that focus on delivery of business value), sprint planning, standups & showcases.
- Effective in building architecturally sound solutions for massive data volumes.
- Amplifies the art of what is possible, by bringing forth forward thinking solutions.
- Champion company standards and best practices.
- Work to continuously improve solution delivery processes and practices.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.