Gentis Solutions is hiring an ETL Data Warehouse tester to support quality assurance programs and processes in alignment with QA strategy.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 3+ years SQL utilizing complex queries and writing stored procedures
- 2+ years testing data/data transformation/data movement (ETL)
- 2+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- 1+ years of experience with Netezza and AMPP
- 1+ years of using Informatica IDQ or other tools to automate ETL tests
- 1+ years of Agile methodology experience
- 1+ years of using Jira for defect tracking
- Firm understanding of data architecture and ETL workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems
- ETL experience to be on most recent project
- Informatica IDQ experience to be on most recent project
- Netezza/AMPP experience to be on most recent project
- Agile methodology being utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer experience in the SAFe Agile approach
Essential Job Functions:
- Validate data from the data sources through each step of the extract and transformation process including final load in the data warehouse
- Develop and review test plans and test scripts
- Automate test efforts using ETL automation tools
- Conduct some manual or automated web service testing when needs arise
- Ensure accurate data and reporting, in terms of content and infrastructure by researching and identifying source of errors
- Understand the data model and ETL flow.
- Write SQL scripts to extract data from various databases and systems and compare against data warehouse
- Perform root cause and trend analysis to identify recurring patterns of errors
- Ensure data standards/integrity are maintained in order to deliver the highest quality products
- Participate in SAFe Agile ceremonies (PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Scrum, Retrospectives, Showcases, etc).
- Document defects and evaluate priority of defect based on overall application functionality
- Coordinate test script reviews with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test script writing guidelines
- Keep QA Lead/Coach and management informed of current state of quality
- Ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Identify obstacles and roadblocks; and offer suggestions to work around obstacles
- Help drive and improve QA process within the team you are assigned
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.