Gentis Solutions is seeking a DevOps Developer is responsible for participating in design, driving and completing development, testing, deployment, support and documentation of solutions delivered, with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards.
- BA/BS/MS – Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience with Informatica, ETL toolset and concepts
- 2+ year’s experience working on Massively Parallel Databases such as IBM PureData for Analytics (Netezza).
- 2+ year’s experience working with Relational Database Management Systems such as Oracle and DB2.
- 2+ years of experience with shell scripting and/or similar scripting experience
- Fluency in ANSI SQL.
- Background in Aginity Amp.
- A solid understanding of data modeling and data warehouse concepts.
- Ability to be on call 24 by 7 and participate in a support/pager rotation
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Driven by all things data!
- High-functioning, self-driven, motivated and curious.
- Do not wait for others to solve a problem – get behind the wheel and drive the solution!
- Excels in team related competencies including: Solution Architecture, Data warehousing, Data Modeling, Development, Testing and Documentation.
- Leads by setting the right example – in problem solving, testing, documenting and communicating.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and effectively participates in related ceremonies.
- Active participant in PI (effective in breaking down features to workable user stories that focus on delivery of business value), sprint planning, standups & showcases.
- Amplifies the art of what is possible, by bringing forth forward thinking solutions.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in written form, and has a knack for knowing their audience and catering the communication as such.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve solution delivery processes and practices
A successful candidate will have the majority of the following:
- Experience working with team sizes of 100+ team members.
- Background in principles of marketing and ideally, IBM Campaign/Unica.
- Background in BI toolsets and concepts, including ideally, IBM Cognos.
- Exposure to standard release management practices and version controls
- Eagerness and flexibility to learn cross functional roles on an Agile team.
- Ability to interact effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
- Ability to coach & mentor team members effectively.
A successful candidate for this position:
- Loves and lives data, math, statistics, and moving our loyalty system to the next level.
- Is curious and passionate about data and discovering new trends and insights about our customers.
- Is a champion for the use of data to drive decision making across the company.
- Knows how to partner with a team to learn new technologies and dig into the unknown.
- Has extensive experience troubleshooting data inconsistencies and moving data to and from databases in the most efficient manner.
- Has an eye for continuous process improvement in existing and new technical processes
- Can clearly communicate complex data concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Isn’t afraid to work outside their comfort zone on technologies/systems they may not excel in.
- Digs in to things fearlessly, rolls up his or her sleeves and can become a team expert.
- Serves as a role model who demonstrates the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Current tools and technologies include:
IBM PureData for Analytics (Netezza), Aginity Amp, SQL, Informatica, IBM Campaign/Unica, IBM Cognos, Tivoli Work Schedule, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, DB2, PERL, and Visual Basic. Knowledge of – Cassandra, Graph, and Hadoop, a plus
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.