This tester will provide support in developing SOA/integration interface test plans and estimates, automated test script development, executing service test scripts, reporting/tracking defects. The Quality Engineer is responsible for managing quality and test related process execution with high impact to the business. This includes providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within projects; authoring test plans and test cases and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
Minimum Skills required:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 6+ years of hands-on, automation testing of integration web services (both REST and SOAP protocols) that include database validations
- Demonstrated experience in XML, XSD, XPath, MQTT, Topics, HTTP, HTTPS, JSON, Bytes array message format or Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- Experience in SOA frameworks, processes, strategies, and approaches
- 5+ years of test automation using DevTest / LISA / SOAP UI
- 3+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- 5+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- 3+ years of using JIRA for user story management and defect tracking
- Ability to succeed and focus in a fast paced environment with noise/distractions
- Point of Sale, weigh scales, mobile devices, etc.
Position Specific Skill Preferences/Desires:
- Prefer 8+ years of automation testing web services using ITKO LISA, CA LISA, or CA DevTest
- Prefer SOA test experience be utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer Agile be utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
Other Essential Job Functions:
- Work within various test methodologies such as Waterfall and SAFe agile
- Participate in the technical design process with Application Architects on R&D related development projects.
- Test web services using CA Lisa / DevTest automated scripts.
- Test web services using SDLC best practices.
- Participate in all phases of API / Integration / web services system testing.
- Selenium automation experience is an added advantage.
- Develop, implement and maintain quality and test procedures, processes and best practices for QA.
- Develop and maintain test plan and test scripts with associated test data based upon functional and non-functional requirements.
- Identify test automation opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing services.
- Contribute to test automation scripting standards and best practices.
- Understand SOA Reference Architecture.
- Elicit & understand SOA testing requirements.
- Write automation scripts and participate in peer reviews.
- Develop a repeatable process for designing, developing, and executing scripts.
- Conduct tests, document and analyze test results and present findings to development teams.
- Report and document defects found during test cycles. Participate in defect prioritization sessions.
- Work with development teams to instill testability into development practices.
- Provide test services for support activity and work with release management to assure product release quality.
- Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues to the appropriate teams to ensure completion of all deliverables within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.