Gentis Solutions is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join its In-stock Team. The Software Engineer helps Kroger Technology by providing a framework to consider the major issues, highlight the interdependencies and facilitate decision making between conflicting tradeoffs. The Software Architect will be responsible for defining all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with integration through web services and APIs and the appropriate standards (XML, JSON, REST, OAuth).
- Experience with implementation of software code including unit test code.
- Proficiency with Java, Spring, and Spring Boot.
- Experience implementing best practices in Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous delivery, and other Lean Software practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
Duties and Expectations:
- Lead the development of best practices, guidelines, and development standards.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, reliability, extensibility, etc.
- Analyze the current enterprise to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Define technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Focus on application replatforming, application modernization, and cloud-native architecture.
- Understanding of 12-Factor development and Cloud Foundry.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging technology trends.
Gentis Solutions offers excellent compensation and benefits including: higher wages than regional averages, full health, dental, vision, 401K, and two weeks of paid time off in year one.