The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components for the PMO project to which they are assigned. The Developer will be involved in the technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance with standards. The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
Current tools and technologies include:
Java, Spring, J2EE, SQL, JSF, Stripes, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, Acegi Security, JBoss, Websphere, DB2, Informix, Linux, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, JDBC, JUnit, Eclipse.
The ideal candidate needs to possess:
- Proven success developing Java Features associated with large-scale projects
- 10 or more years of experience in systems analysis, design or programming, and the associated development methodologies.
- 7 years minimum experience in core Java technologies
- 7 years minimum experience in Object Oriented Design / Architecture
- A solid understanding and appreciation for SDLC tools, processes, and methodology
- Ability to interact well with a team environment.
- A solid understanding and appreciation of SDLC tools, processes, and methodology.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Database Management and/or modeling skills
- Experience with transitioning applications from R&D into production
- Participate in the application technical design process.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using SDLC best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues to the appropriate teams to ensure that assignment releases are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the Support Center, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
*Currently only accepting USC, GC and EAD candidates*