The Senior Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components for the project to which they are assigned. The Senior Developer will be involved in the technical design process and complete estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks as part of the Scaled Agile Framework. The Senior Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Senior Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. The Senior Developer acts as a role model and demonstrates the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others. The Senior Developer will mentor and coach Junior Developers on the respective project team.
Current tools and technologies include:
Java, Spring, J2EE, SQL, JSF, Stripes, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, , Acegi Security, JBoss, Websphere, DB2, Informix, Linux, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, JDBC, JUnit.
- Proven success developing Java Features associated with large-scale projects
- 10 or more years of experience in systems analysis, design or programming, and the associated development methodologies.
- 7 years minimum experience in core Java technologies
- 7 years minimum experience in Object Oriented Design / Architecture
- A solid understanding and appreciation of SDLC tools, processes, and methodology
- Ability to interact well with a team environment.
- A solid understanding and appreciation of SDLC tools, processes, and methodology.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Database Management and/or modeling skills
- Experience with transitioning applications from R&D into production
- Participate in the application technical design process.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using SDLC best practices and the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Complete estimates and work plans as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues to the appropriate teams to ensure that assignment releases are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the Support Center, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams
Gentis believes in treating employees and contractors as mission critical! We offer both employee and contractor packages with compensation traditionally higher than the industry average. In particular, we offer full health, dental, vision coverage, and two weeks of PTO in year one, for all employees.