The Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operations Engineer will work with a cross functional team to provide operational assistance and guidance for Pivotal Cloud Foundry including: monitoring, management, security compliance, networking, storage, service brokers and build packs. The Operations Engineer will help company technology teams realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Leverage industry standard tooling to automate manual tasks pertaining to infrastructure provisioning, in support of creating a self-service and API-driven platform
- Implement code and orchestration necessary to integrate PaaS with IaaS
- Interface with other platform components for service delivery (SDN, Firewall, Load Balancer, Problem Management, Security, Logging, etc.)
- Establish and maintain continuous delivery pipelines for deployment of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Evangelize Heroku-like build pack code and patterns
- Develop and maintain new and existing workflows and orchestration modules enabling cloud provider services in infrastructure, network and application domains
- Customize and maintain Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime Build Pack code as necessary
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
- Experience integrating and interfacing with public and private cloud/PaaS APIs (VMWare, Google, Cloud Foundry, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with Agile approach and methodologies
- Experience with continuous build tools
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics A software development or DevOps automation background
Gentis believes in treating employees and contractors as mission critical! We offer both employee and contractor packages with compensation traditionally higher than the industry average. In particular, we offer full health, dental, vision coverage, and two weeks of PTO in year one, for all employees.