The tester responsible for quality assurance 3rd party solution implementation in alignment with the company QA strategy. The tester is responsible for providing feedback on artifacts developed during requirements and analysis phase within client projects; authoring test cases, and performing test execution for both project and support related activities.
Position/Project Specific Requirements:
- Drive the testing with 3rd party SI’s, Legacy integrations and drive process improvements
- 6+ years of relevant experience in software quality assurance
- 4+ years of using Quality Center/ALM for test case management
- 3+ of using Jira for defect tracking
- 3+ years of using T-SQL or PL/SQL for database validation
- 3+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong experience testing system integrations/end-to-end scenarios
Other general requirements:
- Understand and utilize risk-based testing techniques
- Understand and differentiate the various types of testing (unit, smoke, functional, integration, system, user acceptance, regression, performance, and usability testing)
- Effectively analyze requirements to create usable test cases
- Conduct root cause analysis on system issues
- Document defects with clear information and steps to recreate
- Accurately estimate work assignments
- Manage and seek prioritization for tasks to meet project deadlines
- Multi-task to meet assignment deadlines
- Show assertiveness
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Effectively communicate to management and business partners
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or have related and equivalent work experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Work within various test methodologies
- Create QA Task list in order to meet objectives and deadlines
- Participate in Requirement & Design Doc review session; evaluate requirements & design docs from a quality test automation standpoint
- Execute test cases to the validation correct functionality of the application
- Manage test coverage based on risk analysis
- Use SQL for back-end database validation
- Document defects and evaluate the priority of defect based on overall application functionality
- Coordinate Test case reviews with stakeholders are being held as appropriate.
- Perform various types of testing including white box, integration, back-end DB validation, system testing as needed
- Adhere to requirement review, defect writing & test script writing guidelines
- Keep Lead Tester informed of the current state of quality and test progress
- Ensure completion of all deliverable within schedule, budget and quality constraints.
- Participate in Risk analysis and Root Cause Analysis sessions and drive improvements
- Ensure that projects follow prescribed software development life cycle standards.
- Identify obstacles and roadblocks, and offer suggestions to work around the obstacle.
- Help drive and improve QA process within the team you are assigned
Gentis believes in treating employees and contractors as mission critical! We offer both employee and contractor packages with compensation traditionally higher than the industry average. In particular, we offer full health, dental, vision coverage, and two weeks of PTO in year one, for all employees.