As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for writing technical requirements for the ServiceNow platform, including shall statements and stories.
- Experience with gathering user input and conducting user research, including organizing and delivering Webinars, such as PowerPoint content creation, drafting execution timelines and invitations, survey development, arranging IT support, and communicating updates and deadlines to Webinar stakeholders
- Experience in the development of documentation, including concept papers, progress reports, presentations, meeting agendas, high-level requirement overview documentation, user guides, marketing, and training materials
- Experience with serving as the liaison between the project manager and development team to clarify requirements on behalf of policy and business stakeholders
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Sound knowledge of the relevant business and processes (10+ years expected) complemented by general business and management skills
- Worked in IT Service Management space, and has an understanding of ServiceNow.
- Broad expertise in Item Processing technologies (10+ years expected) and is able to develop new general expertise as required
- Knowledge and working experience in the system development lifecycle
- Experience in workflow analysis, design and process re-engineering principles
- Broad business and management knowledge
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 3 years of hands-on experience with ServiceNow
- 3 years of Business Analysis experience in the IT Service Management space.
- Understanding of different processes and methodologies like RAD, RUP, SDLC, BSA Methodology
- Knowledge of defect tracking tools
- Understanding of IT concepts (Like Files/interfaces, structures, reports, UI, etc)
- Understanding of Verification & Validation Techniques (Testing & Reviews)
- Knowledge of Requirements Management Tool like Enterprise Architect
- Analysis Techniques (Competitive & Benchmarking Analysis, Stakeholder Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Analysis, SWOT Analysis, etc)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Requirement Development (Elicitation Analysis, Documentation)
- Requirements Management (Version Control, Traceability, Change Management)
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect, analyze, document and prioritize business and system requirements. Validate requirements with appropriate audiences.
- Work with the developers and other technical staff to translate business requirements to system design. Create requirements documentation, test plans, test cases and conduct functional testing, as needed. Plan and coordinate user acceptance testing, as needed.
- Adhere to BTL’s processes for Change Management, Incident Management, etc. as applicable.
- Assist in the creation or modification of process, knowledge base or training documentation.
- Experience configuration, implementation and training/handover of administration to client is required.
- Participate in the investigation and resolution of complex and unusual problems
- Recommend changes to established methods, suggests alternative solutions and new methods, to improve quality and increase productivity
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications for input into application activities
- Interact with subject matter experts, application development, implementation support and production support staff to define functional specifications that meet users requirements and are technically appropriate
- Communicate with the Project Managers and assists in the management of client expectations
- Create and maintain BSA deliverables as mandated in our development lifecycle
- Provide support for creation and maintenance of project documentation as per development life cycle
- Assist in analysis and reporting of testing defects when requested
- Provide implementation and post-implementation support
- Provide consulting to technical, sales, service line and operational staff as required
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations concerning project scope, timeline, activities, issues, and progress as required
- Estimate timelines for the requirements phase of the project and ensure that the requirements are scheduled in manageable components
- Provide input for post-implementation review document and implement corrective procedures
Gentis believes in treating employees and contractors as mission critical! We offer both employee and contractor packages with compensation traditionally higher than the industry average. In particular, we offer full health, dental, vision coverage, and two weeks of PTO in year one, for all employees.