At Genospace, our mission is to be the leading information platform for applied precision medicine.
Working from our headquarters in Boston, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, healthcare, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is excited at the prospect of solving novel problems. We are looking for an engineer with a holistic view of product development capable of innovating across our platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer your work will impact patients at the most critical junctures in their lives, researchers seeking to make advances based on a sea of high-dimensional data, physicians deploying personalized medicine in everyday practice, and laboratories conducting some of the most advanced analyses in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Take on a technical leadership role or an engineering specialty
- Contribute to feature design, product development and delivery, and product architecture
- Work with client-facing team members to understand customer needs and convey those needs to the engineering team
- Contribute to and be responsible for quality engineering infrastructure and practices
- Enforce best practices in code reviews and create and maintain style and development guides
- Originate technical objectives and execute them in parallel with sprint commitments
- Work with senior technical resources and use evidence to build a case for product technical design
- Actively identify platform enhancements and own their implementation
- Monitor production for degraded performance or anomalous behavior and take action to rectify the issue
- Be an active participant in the team sprint process
- Participate in production releases and support
Our application stack typically looks like:
- Front End – HTML5, Vue.js
- Middle Tier – Java, Groovy, Grails
- Data Tier – MongoDB, Elasticsearch
You’ll be expected to contribute across all parts of the application so familiarity with the stack is a plus.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience transforming prototypes into high-quality, reliable and reusable platform components
- Capacity to work through features and stories across applications and deliver correct and well-tested code
- Ability to foresee and test against potential functional and scalability problems and own issues through resolution
- Ability to determine accurate and dependable delivery estimates
- Ability to identify areas of inefficiency and own the implementation of improvements
- A self-starter that uses good judgment in how best to apply their time effectively
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Leadership ability including oversight of junior personnel and ability to identify team member weaknesses and work with individuals to maximize their effectiveness
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in full software development lifecycle preferred
- No prior experience in life sciences or healthcare is required but ample curiosity and a willingness to learn are a must
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.