At Genospace, our mission is to be the leading information platform for applied precision medicine.
Working from our headquarters in Boston, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology, and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
At Genospace, all product initiatives begin and end with user research. We constantly strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
In the UX Researcher role, you will cultivate understanding and empathy around user needs for your team of designers, product managers, and engineers. You will create user panels to conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our clinical and research users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for our users in addition to continually innovating on our existing products. You will inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling written, in-person, and visual presentations on your findings.
As a UX Researcher you will:
- Collect and analyze user behavior through user panels, lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, analytics, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Work collaboratively with designers to conduct moderated concept testing of design iterations
- Conduct independent usability research on newly released products and experiences
- Work with designers, product managers, and engineers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research activities
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive background in conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, and usability studies - either live or remote (e.g. UserZoom or UserTesting)
- Expertise in creating and presenting research briefs that summarize insights
- Proficiency in integrating qualitative and quantitative user research into product designs and design practices
- Demonstrated understanding of survey design, including a working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
Education & Background:
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience required; Master's degree or PhD in a related field preferred
- 2 years of relevant work experience the UX research and/or design field
- Healthcare, oncology, or genomics industry knowledge is preferred, but not required
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.