At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Boston, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, healthcare, analytics, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for talented team players who enjoy a challenge and want to help us deliver our platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Genospace is looking for a Summer UX Design Intern who is curious and creative, and excited to design experiences around users. You should be passionate about learning new philosophies, techniques, and tools, and have an appreciation for the impact that well-informed and usable designs can have on an experience.
As a UX Design Intern you will work to understand the problems of some of the most innovative healthcare providers and life sciences companies, and to design tools that will impact patients at the most critical junctures of their lives. Working directly with Genospace’s Head of Product Design, you will help shape user experience across the Genospace platform.
As a UX Design Intern, you will:
- Learn and apply contextual user research methods and analysis to gain a better understanding of Genospace user groups and their tasks
- Assist in designing user flows, UI mockups, and conducting usability testing through interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with product owners and engineering teams to find a balance in designing various solutions
- Present research and design concepts to the team, while articulating your decision-making process/reasoning
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills (both within Genospace and externally)
- Enthusiasm for solving complex user experience challenges
- Ability to balance and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility in producing varying levels of fidelity in design output based on team needs
- Strong design fundamentals and a desire to develop a design standard across the Genospace platform
- Ideally the candidate will be available full-time (5 days per week) in the Summer, with the possibility for local candidates to continue into the Fall
Education & Background:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating both user research and UX design capabilities for web and/or mobile platforms
- Proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, Zeplin, etc.
- No prior experience in life sciences or healthcare is required but ample curiosity and a willingness to learn are a must
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.