At Genospace, our mission is to deliver the software platform that makes biomedical data useful and usable by everyone.
Working from our headquarters in Boston, MA, our interdisciplinary team is merging the tools and techniques of genomics, healthcare, data analytics, web development, and cloud computing. We serve research, clinical development, pathology, and clinical care customers who work with high-dimensional genomic and other biomedical data. Many of the most advanced precision medicine organizations are powered by Genospace.
Genospace is looking for a talented team player who is excited at the prospect of solving novel problems and wants to help us build and deliver our software platform. As the leading provider of information technology services in molecular medicine, our software is used today by clinicians and researchers across the country and around the globe to improve patient care.
What You’ll Do:
Your work as a Software Engineer at Genospace will impact patients at the most critical junctures in their lives, researchers seeking to make advances based on a sea of high-dimensional data, physicians deploying personalized medicine in everyday practice, and laboratories conducting some of the most advanced analyses in the world.
As a Software Engineer working on our precision medicine platform you will:
- Be an active participant in your team's sprint process
- Participate in feature design, development, testing/validation, and delivery of our web-based, cloud-hosted applications
- Participate in production releases and support
- Actively identify application and platform enhancements, and own their implementation
Our application stack typically looks like:
- Front End – HTML5, Backbone/Marionette.js, D3.js
- Middle Tier – Java, Groovy, Grails
- Data Tier – MongoDB
You’ll be expected to contribute across all parts of the platform – from database to front end – so familiarity with the stack is a plus, but not necessary.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience building and deploying full stack web applications
- Demonstrated understanding of foundational computer science topics
- Capacity to work through tasks at any level of the stack and deliver correct and well-tested code with some oversight
- Experience with common software development practices such as version control (Git), unit testing, and continuous integration
- Ability to determine accurate and dependable delivery estimates
- Ability to foresee and test against potential functional and scalability problems and own issues through resolution
- A self-starter that uses good judgment in how best to apply their time effectively
- Strong commitment to teamwork
Education & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in full software development lifecycle preferred, but not necessary
- No prior experience in life sciences or healthcare is required, but ample curiosity and a willingness to learn are a must
Genospace is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristics, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.